Twingo. Handles nicely but no guts going up hills on the freeway. Thank goodness for the area map I had downloaded onto my Cities to Go app. The Portugal map the agency gave us had too little detail to be useful, so Phil guided me in using the map app.
This is also the one place I did not have a reservation. I wanted to try staying in one of the many small rooms that people with houses here rent out. Our Rick Steves guide book had a couple listed, but I got no answer to my phone calls. But just as he said, if you stand in the main square, someone will approach you and ask if you want a room. And so it happened. We have ended up in a small room up a narrow, twisting street, with a charming territorial and sea view from our private balcony. Amazingly there is parking for the car and also Internet. All for the bargain price of 100 euros (roughly $135) for 3 nights. We will enjoy it!



No comments:
Post a Comment