Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Crabs being Treated

And here I am doing the treatment. I have learned to do it on the bowsprit of the boat after an episode several years ago (in the same Viner Sound where we were yesterday) where I was on a rocky islet connected to the shore killing my crabs and a bear burst out of the bushes heading towards me. He was as startled as I was and turned and ran, as I also ran towards my dinghy. Then I realized I had left the crabs behind, so I darted back and grabbed them before jumping in the dinghy to row back to our boat. A bit stupid, but you never know what your mind is going to do in an emergency. I have solved that problem by killing my crabs on the boat, so no more chances on encountering bears onshore.

No comments: