Thursday, June 9, 2011

Gelato and Hamburgers in Amarillo

Tonight's dinner adventure I also found on the Internet. Several Amarillo websites touted the "historic route 66 district" and the antique shops and restaurants located there. I picked an unusual sounding restaurant called the Cowboy Gelato. Someone must have traveled to Italy, and came up with the idea of combining good hamburger fare with gelato for dessert. It sounded better than the tavern style restaurants that were also featured. This historic piece of highway 66 seems to be a favorite with the motorcycle crowd--so you can imagine the tavern scene to go with that.

Today's picture features Shana standing with her gelato ice cream cone outside the cafe. The antique shops looked interesting but were closed by the time we got there. And the historic district is a big over promoted, I'd say. Still, it made a nice outing.

On to Gallup, New Mexico tomorrow.

No comments: