Sunday, June 29, 2008

My Body Found a Cliff

It would of course be inevitable that the minute I claim to be doing okay and not falling off any health cliffs, my body would find a cliff to jump over. Friday evening, it gave me the opportunity to see if I could compensate for another round of diarrhea, away from home base and with what I could bring to hand. I managed to do that, though I did miss a half day of the Fielding work session on Saturday. But I recuperated in time to participate in the afternoon and evening—not feeling fully up to speed, but okay to be in public. And today I made my slightly uneasy way home on the airplane, still glad I did the trip and pleased that I avoided a serious downtown, but also disappointed that I had to deal with another bout of this stuff so soon. I get part B of this current round of chemo on Tuesday, so we’ll see what that brings.

Phil and I plan to head to the boat after my infusion on Tuesday, and do more work to get it ready. We’ll be back in town Friday and Saturday, celebrating Phil’s 74th birthday on Saturday evening—the first time we’ve been in town for his birthday in more years than I can remember. On Sunday our friends Charles & Valerie Reynolds will drive us up to Anacortes and return with our car to Seattle, so then we’re down to doing the final work getting the boat ready for launch into the water on Tuesday, the 8th.

Will keep you all posted as I am able—I’m going to be in the season where I won’t have ready access to a computer (rather, to the Internet) every day, so will post things when I can.

It’s good to be back home—even if it is hot (in the 90’s, which for Seattle is incredibly warm). No airconditioning, so we just let the warm wash over us and pray for a little bit of breeze as we sleep.

No comments: