Monday, April 7, 2008

Surgery Results

I just got a phone call from dad, saying that mom is out of surgery and doing fine. The doctors report that everything went well with the robotic surgery, so the surgery was mostly non-invasive and recovery should be rapid. She is expected to come home tomorrow.

We won't know any more about further treatments until results come back from the lab, which should be in 7-10 days. Dad says he's going to see mom at the hospital once she recovers from the anesthetic, which should be around 9pm.

Presumably mom will be able to check in and write her own update tomorrow, but if not I'll give further information on her progress.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is very good news. Thanks, Guy

Anonymous said...

Hello there! It's great news. My only regret is that it took Kae (not Karen) getting sick to start a blog between and about people I really treasure. Hugs to all. Dawn