I’m taking one day at a time, with lots of little steps, and at this point, even half a day makes a difference. Today I have far less gas in my system, so I am much more comfortable. My abdomen still hurts—a bit like carrying a heavy plate around in it—but from this morning to this evening, I can notice a difference in how easy it is to get up and down out of a chair. And I am better able to stand up straight.
I’m trying to cut back on the medications so the rest of my system can function more normally. Took one pill instead of three last night, and two today so far. I may even get through the night without any. We’ll see how I feel before bed.
I took a short walk this morning (about two blocks) and a longer walk this afternoon (about half my normal walking distance). I also did a few gentle yoga stretches this afternoon, and that felt wonderful.
This evening I wanted to try to stay up a bit longer before going to bed (have gone to bed about 9 pm the last two nights), so I am not waking up at 5 am having had 8 hours in bed already, with my back telling me it’s time to move about. So we watched an episode of Foyle’s War (a great series!) to help that happen. We’ll see how things go tonight.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment