We arrived last night in Vietnam after about 4 hours of flying from the Philippines - going through Hong Kong. The biggest part of the adventure was discovering that I had missed printing out a visa clearance document, when checking in at the Manila airport. Frantic phone calls to our tour agent followed, plus several trips back and forth to a phone store because my phone kept running out of minutes, but the agent managed to fax the document to the airline office, and they got it to me just in time to board. Whew!
Then my tour agent covered bases again by having someone meet us in Hanoi with another copy of the document. So we're off to a somewhat hectic but promising start, because the agent really made sure we were okay.
Hanoi is quite cool after the Philippines--in the high 50's at the moment. It has traffic that is every bit as hectic as Manila, so we're glad to have had some practice in negotiating free flowing vehicles. Here there are no jeepneys but LOTS of motorcycles and they go everywhere--even the wrong way.
We're in a nice small hotel, which with 8 stories, sticks up far enough that there's a great view all around from the top floor which houses a restaurant (where we get our free breakfast) and the fitness center, where I worked out this morning. We're about to leave to do our first day's exploring.
We'll see if I can post a picture of rooftops seen from our hotel. If not, I'll try later.
No comments:
Post a Comment