After our disappointment at not getting to see the Grand Canyon abated, we reconstructed our trip to go south through Flagstaff and Sedona, because I had never seen Sedona. We drove to Flgsatff for breakfast, not wanting to take another chance on the food at the Cameron Trading Post. We then went out to the Museum of Northern Arizona in Flagstaff, a great museum with lots of artifacts and crafts to trace the history of the Native American communities in the area--among them Hopi and Navajo.
After a couple of interesting hours there, we headed south on Highway 89A, where I was awed by the stunning rock formations along the highway north of Sedona, and then again right around Sedona itself. We didnt stop, but I would like to return to spend more time looking around.
Here a three scenes in and around Sedona. All I can say is.....WOW!
Towering columnar rocks along Highway 89A.
The sun was in the wrong place but even the shadowed outlines of these rocks were impressive.
Finally,a quick shot out the car window at an intersection in Sedona, showing some of the spectacular rock formations close by.
No comments:
Post a Comment