Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Good Eating!

We are at Shawl Bay, home of the pancake breakfasts. This morning we dove into this pile of pancakes, along with all the other boaters. Three platters of pancakes later, the crowd was finally sated--though Phil and I limited ourselves to two each. They are really thick pancakes, and boy do they soak up the syrup!

Later this morning one of our neighboring boats took me out to our prawn trap, so I could use his trap puller. With our dinghy and 2 horsepower motor, the only way to get a prawn trap up is to pull it by hand. With 300 plus feet of line down, that's a real chore. But with his electric trap puller, it was a snap. Better yet, when the trap surfaced, it even had prawns in it! Thirty-one prawns, more than enough to make a meal. So I have some success at last with the prawning.

Here are pictures of pancakes and prawns.








No comments: