Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Wrap up



I recently received a couple of pictures from a classmate who shared the wonderful cooking class I took in Hoi An, Vietnam. One picture shows our instructor with us in the market, talking to us about the different fruits, vegetables, herbs and spices we will be using. In the second picture I am enjoying the fruits (and meats) of my labor--a wonderfully marinated piece of barbequed chicken and a mango salad. I'm in the process of sorting through our pictures from Vietnam, so this is a nice reminder of that trip and the good food we enjoyed both there and in the Philippines.

Next trip coming up is to Mexico, for me, at the end of March. I'll be participating in a food and wine festival in Ixtapa, then spending a couple of nights in Zihuatenejo, with my friend Pat Owen, whom I have visited in Mexico, and several of her friends. Looking forward to more great food!

No comments: