Sunday, December 26, 2010

We have landed!

Our winter adventure has begun. After just 14 hours of flying from San Francisco to Hong Kong, and another two hours to Manila, we crawled out into the warm Philippine air at 10 pm. We overnighted in Manila, then made the quick hop 50 minutes southeast to Naga City, home of the Palmiero family. That's Guy's wife's mother's family. Got that?

We are now basking in 90 degree humid weather-the kind that makes you want to return to the shower soon after you have left it. All you guys sliding in the snow-eat your heart out.

Shana arrived today so our family is complete, reassembled just 6000 miles away from home base. It is going to take me awhile to figure out how to get pictures uploaded. We're staying in a hotel that is managed by a family member. It has Internet access but the connection is a little slow so I don't know whether it will do pictures. I didn't bring my computer so right now I am using Guy's iPad to send this message. It is a little painful to type on, though I would probably improve with practice.

There are several family events planned over the next week, and lots of fun things to explore. This first post is to let you know we've arrived safely and are working on the technology. Guy did help me get my cell phone working here with a sim card from the Philippines, so that is a new first. He and I can communicate with each other. Phil didn't bring his phone so that's about all the excitement I'll get with it.

No comments: