Saturday, November 29, 2008

Overall a good week

I’ve now completed infusion #4, and managed to get through the week just about the same as the week before. I got the infusion on Monday, and on Thursday experienced another round of “profound” tiredness—that is, nearly any exertion does me in. We were hosting Thanksgiving, so I had anticipated this possibility, and had my cranberry sauce and pecan pies done ahead. Others were bringing side dishes and my only task for the day was to make stuffing and get the turkey in the oven. This I did with a lot of sitting down in between rounds of preparation. A little nap just before our guests arrived, and I got through the day just fine.

I have also not had diarrhea this week either. I am puzzled, and obviously quite pleased. Haven’t really any great thoughts about why I should be responding differently now, except that I’m back on a complete fiber diet, so perhaps am giving my system a bit more to help “plug it up.” I also had a cancer sore develop this week, and my memory of last summer’s round of this was refreshed. That too has gone better than before. I’ve attacked it with multiple rounds of Oribase dental paste and frequent visualizations of vigorous little healing blood cells smoothing out the tissue and cleaning up the bad stuff. They’re inside me stitching everything back together—and what do you know, it looks like it’s turning around!

We’re off to Lopez to spend a few days there with our friends Nancy Taylor and Fritz Levy. We’ll be back just in time for a flurry of activities before the holidays, including my last two infusions, and our annual eggnog party on the 14th. Fortunately, Guy & Joahnna have decided to take the time to join us for our party—so I know everyone will enjoy celebrating with them. We’ll leave for our Christmas trip south on Tuesday, December 16.

No comments: