Monday, August 4, 2008

We're off to the San Juans

I was "sized up" at Group Health today, including having tiny tattoo's placed in 3 spots on my lower back (only Phil will know) to guide the radiologist. My next appearance with Group Health is on the 18th of August, for my first radiation session. So Phil and I are cleared to take off north.

We are rendezvousing in West Seattle tonight for a drink with Phil's pals, returning by ferry to Winslow this evening. We plan to stop in Kingston tomorrow, and visit Sandy & Marty Godsil for the evening. We'll stop in Everett, then Coupeville (on Whidbey Island), then on to the San Juans. So for the next couple weeks I am free of treatment. I am also going north of all the Group Health clinics, so need to stay symptom-free (at least no new ones that I don't know how to manage).

I'm feeling pretty good, actually. Day by day I get a little more energy back, and climbing those Seattle hills gets easier. I've been getting out and walking, and my left ankle is now just a little swollen, so looking much better than it did.

Probably won't have a chance to check in until much later in the week, so you all enjoy yourselves, while we make the best of the nice weather that's predicted for this week! In the 80's today!

No comments: